This letter is to inform all CSRC members of some major changes that are planned to occur over the summer months. As everyone is aware the past year has been very difficult on many. COVID-19 has impacted all of our lives. We as a professional society are so proud of all the efforts by Respiratory Therapists across our state and the nation. RTs have truly been healthcare heroes and deserve every bit of the recognition.
The CSRC has also been significantly impacted by the pandemic. The restrictions implemented by both the state and federal government to decrease the spread of the virus have prohibited the society from offering live in-person educational events, which are the main income sources for the society.
The CSRC BODs has been working closely with the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC) to secure a future plan for the society.
Below is a list of things that will remain the same and changes that will occur over the next several months:
Things that will remain unchanged:
- The Board of Directors is a 100% voluntary board. The CSRC board has no paid members and this will not change.
- The CSRC does not charge membership dues (membership in the CSRC is automatic when individuals pay their AARC national dues). Many state societies charge fees in addition to AARC dues or require members to pay for joining.
- The BOD is planning on hosting a virtual conference event in later summer to offer members Continuing Education credits (COVID restrictions prevent us from hosting any live events at this time). The plan is to return to live in-person events in 2022.
Things that will be changing over the next few months:
- The name of the Society will be changing. The current CSRC is frequently confused with the California Society for Respiratory Care and the two societies share the same initials (CSRC). When individuals search online for CSRC they are often directed to California’s website. The new name will be: Colorado Respiratory Care Society (CRCS)
- The CRCS will have a new logo.
- The CRCS will have a completely new user-friendly website (graciously created at no charge). If individuals go onto the old website, they will be automatically redirected to the new site.
- The CRCS will have new Bylaws (will be posted on the new website once we go-live).
- The CRCS will be a newly established non-profit with articles of incorporation.
- The CRCS will be a newly established charter with the AARC.